As usual, let me start with InnoDB. The following bugs were fixed there:
- Bug #80296 - "FTS query exceeds result cache limit". It was reported (for 5.6, but I do not see new 5.6 release notes yet) by Monty Solomon and verified by Umesh.
- Bug #80304 - "generated columns don't work with foreign key actions". It was reported by Guilhem Bichot based on test case by Peter Gulutzan presented here.As most community bug reports during last 2-3 years, it was verified by Umesh.
- Bug #80298 - "Full-Text queries with additional secondary index gives NULL or Zero rows", was reported by Ray Lambe and verified by Umesh.
- Bug #76728 - "reduce lock_sys->mutex contention for transaction that only contains SELECT". This old bug report by Zhai Weixiang (who had provided a patch) was verified by Sinisa Milivojevic.
- Bug #80083 - "Setting innodb_monitor_enable to ALL does not enable all monitors". It was reported by Davi Arnaut and verified by Miguel Solorzano.
- Bug #79772 - "Foreign key not allowed when a virtual index exists". It was reported and verified by Jesper wisborg Krogh from Oracle.
Now, let's check replication bugs that were fixed:
- Bug #79324 - "Slave is ~10x slower to execute set of statements compared to master RBR", was reported by Serge Grachov and verified by Umesh.
- Bug #62008 - "read-only option does not allow inserts/updates on temporary tables". This bug was reported long time ago by Ivan Stanojevic and verified by me when I worked in Oracle.It's really good to see it fixed now!
This time I see several build-related bugs fixed, like these:
- Bug #81274 - "Add support for Solaris Studio 12.5 aka 5.14". It was reported (and probably fixed) by Tor Didriksen.
- Bug #81593 - "adapt to gcc 5.3 on solaris". It was also reported and fixed by Tor Didriksen. personally I am happy to see that Oracle still cares about Solaris and related software. Historical sentiments...
- Bug #80996 - "correct make_pair for c++11 (contribution)". This fix was contributed by Daniel Black.
- Bug #80371 - "MySQL fails to build with new default mode in GCC6". It was reported by Terje Røsten.
To summarize, I see reasons to upgrade for those who rely a lot on FTS indexes in InnoDB, replication, audit plugins and Performance_schema. I had not even tried to build 5.7.14 from source yet, so I do not have any personal experience to share.