Let me start with the bug that was NOT fixed though, Bug #81093, "mysqld_multi not included in mysql-community-server package", reported by Georgi Iovchev and verified by Umesh. For this bug we had not got any fix, but explanation of this kind:
"On platforms for which systemd support is installed, systemd has the capability of managing multiple MySQL instances. For details, see Configuring Multiple MySQL Instances Using systemd. Consequently, mysqld_multi and mysqld_multi.server are not installed because they are unnecessary."I still think that removing familiar scripts like mysqld_safe or mysqld_multi from systems where they are not used by default to start services upon OS startup is a mistake that has to be corrected.
I'd like to highlight Bug #80299, "DEFAULT is not deterministic and should not be allowed in generated columns", also. It was reported by Roy Lyseng and verified by Umesh.The fix is not those bug's synopsis suggested. Instead,
ALTER TABLEoperations that change the definition of a column now cause a table rebuild if any generated column expression uses
Now let's concentrate on InnoDB bugs fixed:
- Bug #80898 - "Replication stops after transaction is rolled back asynchronously in master". It was reported by Debarun Banerjee (who probably works on group replication feature in Oracle). I wonder how this fix may influence Galera-based cluster, especially PXC 5.7 from Percona that may become available as GA some day. Something to check later.
- Bug #80772 - "Excessive memory used in memory/innodb/os0file starting 5.7.8". This regression bug was reported by Morgan Tocker and verified by Umesh.
- Bug #80761 - "Server crashed in mutex_create due to invalid option". It was reported by Allen Lai. It's not clear who could verify it, but the problem is fixed now.
- Bug #80708 - "Problem importing encrypted tablespace". It was reported by my former colleague Sergei Glushchenko from Percona and verified by Umesh.
- Bug #80669 - "Failing assert: fil_space_get(table->space) != __null in row0quiesce.cc line 724", was also reported by Percona employee and great, hard working QA engineer, Ramesh Sivaraman. As most of the bugs from Community, it was immediately (in 44 minutes!) verified by Umesh.
- Bug #80667 - "innobase_get_computed_value(dtuple_t const*, dict_v_col_t const*, dict_index_t c". It was reported based on failing test case runs by Viswanatham Gudipati, who works for Oracle.
- Bug #80327 - "InnoDB: Failing assertion: !(rec_get_info_bits(rec2, comp) & 0x10UL)", was reported by Erlend Dahl from Oracle based on numerous failures of innodb_gis.rtree_purge test. I am really happy to see Oracle engineers reporting test failures in public, even when they happen to 5.8 (a three that we, Community, may not have access to at the moment). This is exactly what I was fighting for since I started this blog in 2012.
- Bug #80261 - "Invalid InnoDB FTS Doc ID during INSERT". This bug was reported by Monty Solomon and promptly verified by Umesh. The bug is fixed, but release notes do not mention it explicitly. There are bugs even in release notes, we should live with that.
- Bug #80182 - "Unsupported extension error for new features while 'create table like'". This bug was reported by yet another great QA engineer and my former colleague in Percona, Shahriyar Rzayev. As usual, it was promptly verified by Umesh.
- Bug #79330 - "DROP TABLESPACE fails for missing general tablespace *.ibd file", was reported by Daniel Price who works for Oracle and verified by Marko Mäkelä.
- Bug #78761 - "Unexpected deadlock with innodb_autoinc_lock_mode=0". It was reported by Yiftach Kaplan and verified by Miguel Solorzano.
- Bug #77011 - Hanging "System Lock" when executing "flush table ... for export", was reported by Vincent Meng and verified by Umesh. It is also fixed in MySQL 5.6.31.
- Bug #78999 - "Injected query log events do not set explicit_defaults_ts, read it on applying", was reported by great Laurynas Biveinis from Percona and verified by Umesh. It was a regression introduced by the fix for Bug #72794.
- Bug #78995 - "Binlog_sender::read_event may access freed event buffer". Yet another bug reported by Laurynas Biveinis and immediately verified by Umesh. Percona engineers did a great QA job while working on Percona Server 5.7 GA release, and we see that Oracle fixes their bugs reported back then...
- Bug #78467 - "mysqldump --dump-slave does not work with multi-source". It was reported by Sven Sandberg. I think that bugs of this kind should not even appear with proper design for new features and, in any case, they have to be fixed before GA release, so that it is at least feature complete. But what do I know...
- Bug #77496 - "Replication position lost after crash on MTS configured slave". It was reported by Simon Mudd almost a year ago for MySQL 5.6, but is fixed only recently (also in 5.6.31). The bug was verified by Umesh.
There we not so many bugs reported in public that were fixed in other areas. I'd like to highlight the following:
- Bug #78512 - "/var/log/mysqld.log has incorrect permissions after installing server from repo", Bug #81390 - "mariadb galera not replaced with community packages during upgrade on fc24", and Bug #79377 - "service start failed to create database if it doesn't exists(ubuntu1510)". They were all reported by Ramana Yeruva who seem to work for Oracle.
- Bug #81139 - "Missing break statement in mysql_read_default_options()". It was reported by Georgi Kodinov from Oracle.
- Bug #81014 - "DELETE from joined tables with WHERE using derived table fails with error 1093". This regression bug in optimizer was reported by Jim Parks, who seem to work for Oracle.
- Bug #80935 - "Dev library header files not on default include path". It was reported by Lars Tangvald who works for Oracle.
- Bug #80748 - "mysql5.6 does not build on solaris12". This bug was reported by Tor Didriksen from Oracle. Fixed in MySQL 5.6.31 also. I have to check if this fix really help my builds on OpenIndiana VM one day...
- Bug #80526 - "LEFT OUTER JOIN returns incorrect results on the outer side". It was reported by Attila Rózsár and verified by Miguel Solorzano.
- Bug #80461 - "Accessing uninitialized memory inside strings/decimal.c ull2dec line ~1071". This bug was reported by Sergey Sprogis and verified by Umesh.
- Bug #80451 - "mysqld --initialize does not support the keyring_file_data option". It was reported and verified by Jesper Krogh from Oracle.
- Bug #80333 - "Valgrind: Conditional jump or move in Rewriter::do_refresh", was reported by Roel Van de Paar from Percona and verified by Umesh.
- Bug #80231 - "Column name in having, which is contained in select list '*', produces error", was reported by Su Dylan and formally verified by Sinisa Milivojevic.
- Bug #80089 - "Memory leak from open files limit", was reported by Manuel Ung and verified by Umesh. This bug is also fixed in MySQL 5.6.31.
- Bug #79591 - "select distinct not returning distinct rows in 5.7...". This regression bug was reported by Shane Bester and probably verified (and fixed) by Øystein Grøvlen.
- Bug #79396 - "null pointer dereference", was reported by Павел Гусев and verified by Sinisa Milivojevic. It is fixed in MySQL 5.6.31 also. It would be nice to see Oracle using AppChecker static analyzer for MySQL code...
- Bug #78254 - "After running mysql_upgrade proxies_priv user columns are not updated to 32". It was reported by Robert Gołębiowski and verified by Umesh well before 5.7 became GA, but fixed only recently. I really wonder from prevented fixing this bug in 5.7.9...
- Bug #74977 - "Cryptic error when failing to unload a dynamic library", was reported by Martin Hansson back in 2014 and fixed only recently (also in MySQL 5.6.31).
- Bug #74636 - "mysqld_multi misleading when my_print_defaults is not found", was reported by Andrii Nikitin from Oracle back in 2014 and fixed also in MySQL 5.6.31 recently.
- Bug #72230 - "Undesirable MySQL yum repo packaging dependencies". Yet another bug reported by Simon Mudd more than 2 years ago and verified by Umesh. it is fixed only in 5.7.13.
- The last but not the least, Bug #71783, "mysqldump silently quits when it encounters an error.", was reported by Shane Bester in 2014, and was recently fixed in MySQL 5.7.13 and 5.6.31.
What I consider suspicious is the fact that aside from Oracle engineers, my former Percona colleagues (who had released their own versions of Percona Server and Xtrabackup based on MySQL 5.7) and few well known community members like Simon Mudd, there are very few bug reports from Community users for MySQL 5.7 that are fixed. Not sure what it means...